In my previous blog post I wrote all about my hair regimen and a lot of you guys wanted to know which products I use. I had been a bit of a product junkie in the past, but I have gotten so much better, lol. I won’t do a bunch of rambling here; let’s just get straight to it!
My top 6 shampoos/conditioners (store bought, for natural styles, in no order):
- Kinky Curly Knot Today
- Giovanni’s Smooth As Silk
- Ouidad Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Oil
- Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Leave In
- Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
- Aussie Moist 3-Minute Miracle
***For deep conditioning- see Naptural85’s recipe with mayo.
My top 5 styling products:
- LottaBody Wrap Me Foaming Mousse
- Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter
- Curls Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Jelly
- Carol’s Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey
- Raw shea butter
- Homemade flaxseed gel (via, yes again, Naptural85, but I add a few drops of lavender to mine and it smells so good!)
- Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel (which has become very controversial as of late, so I only use it when I reaaaally have to)
Oils: almond, coconut, olive, castor oil/Jamaican black castor oil, grape seed
Heat Protectant: Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Leave-In Spray
Serum: Biosilk Silk Therapy
The products I am definitely looking forward to trying are:
- The Mane Choice 3-in-1 Conditioner
- Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner– Update: I tried it and personally my hair didn’t love it. I doubt I’ll be buying again once it runs out.
- As I Am Curl Enhancing Smoothie
- Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea CoWash
My Top 3 (for natural styles, in order):
***Remember, I only detangle my hair when it is wet (unless I have been wearing a protective style for four weeks+). With this natural hair, I have to detangle starting at my ends, THEN work my way up to my roots. If you run into a knot, put the comb down and work the knot out gently with your fingers. You cannot just place a comb at your scalp and rip it down through your hair! *CRINGE!*
- Wide toothed shower comb (mine looks similar to this one)
- My fingers
- Denman brush (I removed every other row of bristles from the brush to make it “wide-toothed,” which you can see in the image above)
- And a hair pick for styling (like always!). I use this one, lol
Current style: I literally just took these pics like ten minutes ago! Hair blown out on cool/low, then rolled on 12 orange flexi rods with Eden BodyWorks leave-in and BioSilk silk therapy. Dried for 10 hours and STILL isn’t completely dry (story of my life)! But you know I’m gonna rock it anyway 🙂
DISCLAIMER: I am not a licensed cosmetologist by any means. These are the products that work for my hair, keeping in mind that everyone’s hair and scalp/skin are different. Follow the manufacturers’ instructions before use. It is always best practice to do a patch test before using any product. Always consult with a physician regarding products, ingredients, and allergies.