Enjoy Thursday with a grateful heart, making memories with your family, and of course by paying homage to America’s Indigenous people and if you choose to shop in the days following, I hope that my Amazon store and my gift guide below can help.
My 2019 Gift Guide!
*indicates Tae’s top picks
- *Personalized Wine Boxes by Salt & Paper Design
- Espresso Maker
- *New sheets that feel amazing by Cariloha
- Satin lined winter hats by West Fourth
- Women in medicine swag by Babes In Scrubs
- A bottle of red wine that’s actually good
- Mini makeup sets by Sephora
- *Facial cleaning brush by Clarisonic
- *Candles that really work by Buena Vista
- Home fragrance diffuser by ScentAir
- *Ugg House Shoes
- Designer Lipstick
- Personalized Wine Box by Salt & Paper Design #sponsored // Woman owned business | I love these so much! My custom wine boxes by Salt & Paper came in about a month ago and they are even better than I had hoped. Such a cute gift to bring to a holiday party, housewarming, birthday, anniversary, or bachelorette party. S&P does custom gift boxes, too.
- an Espresso Maker I am an espresso fan. I will not “have a cup of coffee,” but I will gladly have a double shot of espresso + non-dairy milk. I need my own espresso maker asap because Starbucks is truly getting all of my coins. The one I’ve got my eye on is by De’Longhi and has 4.5 stars.
- Cariloha Bedding #sponsored // Everything by Cariloha is so soft! They sent me the King duvet + King Resort Bamboo Bed Sheets. The duvet is super soft to the touch, it is nice and weighty; not cheap and flimsy at all. You can tell their duvets are made with good quality and my Cariloha’s bamboo sheets feel just like hotel sheets, but I get to sleep in them everyday!
- West Fourth Satin Lined Winter Hats #sponsored // Woman owned business | Yesss to satin lined winter hats to keep the edges and the ends intact! Other winter hats are made of wool or thick, rough cotton, which is just too harsh for us kinky/coily haired ladies. Satin scarf, check! Satin pillowcase, check! Satin hat, CHECK! I have the West Fourth hat black with and without the pom (the poms are removable!) and I have one in gray as well.
- For the nurse hotties: Babes In Scrubs #sponsored // Woman owned business | Babes In Scrubs is making the cutest apparel for us ladies in the healthcare field. I’m wearing my Save Lives Tee everyday!
- A good bottle of red wine Meiomi Pinor Noir= the best, affordable bottle of Pinot there is. $20! You can show up to the dinner party with a modest, but quality drink in hand.
- Sephora Mini Gift Sets Every time I’m checking out at Sephora I cannot help but look at all of their mini makeup. As if I don’t already spend enough much money in there, they try to get me right in the checkout line! And, now they have the cutest holiday sets— Rihanna’s Stunna lipstick, Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray, Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and tons more– all for $15 and under. I want to buy them all for my friends….and for myself!
- Clarisonic facial cleansing brush It’s really important to me to make sure that I get all of my makeup off at the end of the day and this is one of the ways I do that. I’ve been using my Clarisonic Mia cleansing brush for five years now (I was put on by my gf Sarah F.). Those little makeup wipes don’t get it all, I don’t care what anybody says, so I use my Clarisonic with a gentle liquid cleanser every night.
- Hand Poured Soy Candles by Buena Vista Woman owned business | If you follow me on IG, then you already know that I love me some Buena Vista candles (+ the owner is so sweet)! I’ve already gifted these candles to my friends. Their favorite scent is “Pine & Citrus Geranium” and for me it’s a tie between that one and “Pumpkin Harvest & Mexican Vanilla.”
- ScentAir Home Fragrance Diffuser #sponsored // I received my ScentAir Essence diffuser about a month ago. Before I started using this diffuser, I was using wall plug-ins. Wall plug-ins run out in like a week– it’s crazy! Plug-ins are just waaay too much of a money suck and I wanted something that would lasts longer. I have one ScentAir Diffuser that I received about a month ago and it takes care of all of my common areas (kitchen, living room, and entry way) and let me tell you, my house has been smelling bomb! It smells like you’ve just walked into a spa at a 5-star hotel. Fresh + light + relaxing. I am currently using the White tea and sage scent; it is by far my favorite. I’m so happy to be working with ScentAir because after years of plug-ins, I am honestly so happy I found this.
- Ugg Slippers I received Ugg slippers for Christmas a few years back and I love my Ugg house shoes more than…almost everything. These slippers are legit the most utilized thing that I own. I cannot ever be without them. BIG first world problems.
- A high-end designer lipstick Buy your homegirl (or your mom or your girlfriend) a cute, but really nice gift and get her a Chanel ($38) or YSL ($38) lipstick. A gift that is still under $40, but every time she’s out at brunch or happy hour or on a date, and she pulls out her designer lipstick, she’ll feel fancy AF.
That’s it! I do not believe that you need to spend thousands of dollars, or go broke, or run up credit cards for the sake of buying presents. Everything, except the bedding, is less than $120, with some gifts as low as $15! It doesn’t cost a lot to say I love you and I was thinking of you. Don’t forget to spend time + be present in moments with the people you love.
…Shh! Stuff to buy for yourself!
- ANY OF THE ABOVE
- Laura Mercier pressed setting powder in translucent! This works better than any other powder at keeping my extra oily skin as matte as is possible and it gives you a really nice finish. Be careful though, if you drop it or smash it, the powder will break into pieces fairly easily!