As I’m sure y’all have heard by now, I am a registered nurse and a certified lactation counselor (CLC) aka it is my job to help women breastfeed! August is National Breastfeeding Awareness Month and because I am truly in awe of what I see mothers do everyday, I will be doing a couple of posts this month that are dedicated solely to the mommas! In this post you will find a ton of resources ⇓ and tips from one of my favorite mommy/baby brands, Medela. Make sure not to leave before checking out my breast pump recommendation ⇓⇓⇓
Over 80 percent of moms desire to breastfeed, but almost one-fourth of them struggle to make it even past the first 21 days. That’s crazy, right?! Well yesterday, Medela launched two new programs to help make the journey easier- “The Moms’ Room” and “#22Victories.” The purpose is to create a community that is filled with support for breast milk feeding mommas.
The Moms’ Room provides free breastfeeding education and personalized support while discussing topics such as: benefits of breast milk, how your body changes, tips for transitioning back to work after baby, and how to receive an insurance-covered breast pump. You can sign up here to get some exclusive perks.
#22Victories, which is my favorite initiative, focuses on helping moms reach day 22. Medela follows two first-time moms, in real time, as they share the ups and downs of their breast milk feeding journeys for 22 days. How dope is that?!
Spotlight: The Sonata Breast Pump
What is it?
- The Sonata is a double-electric breast pump that is intended to be used every day. This pump is for moms who pump many times throughout the day.
What makes it so great?
- It uses 2-phase expression technology with a one-touch letdown button, which allows you to pump more milk in less time
- It’s Medela’s quietest pump for personal use
- It has a touch screen display and connects to the MyMedela App– which gives you real time tracking of your pumping sessions and your baby’s growth
- Still want more? Check out this overview video!
- p.s. we give away at least one free Medela breast pump each year on our Instagram page- @BlackMomsBreastfeed
Other resources I highly recommend you check out if you are pregnant or breastfeeding:
- Breastfeeding University– An online breastfeeding course for women who are pregnant
- ‘Ask the LC’ and 24/7 LC– Connect you to Board-Certified Lactation Consultants where you can consult one-on-one via email or get immediate access to live lactation help
- Medela At Work– Help for breastfeeding moms headed back to work
- Did you know Medela makes nursing bras? And not even just bras– they have tanks and pregnancy belts, too! Extra: check out the hands-free bra here!
And ALWAYS remember:
ALSO (last thing, I promise!)
Support is one of the most important factors to breastfeeding success. So sign up, sign up, sign up!
This is a sponsored post.